Do you want your social media advertising efforts to succeed?
Of course, you do. According to data, exposure to LinkedIn ads resulted in 33% more purchase intent for brands. With the right strategies, social media ads can raise awareness, boost website traffic, generate leads, and grow sales.
Let’s jumpstart your efforts to optimise social media advertising with the five tips below.
1. Set Clear Social Media Advertising Goals
Your social media ads’ success depends on having clear objectives to guide your efforts. Knowing what you want to achieve with your social media advertising shapes and informs your strategy. It also helps you select the right tools, target audiences, and platforms for running your ads.
For example, if your goal is to boost your engagement rate, you could run ads with trending or popular quotes on TikTok.
Your social media advertising goals can include the following:
● Raise awareness
● Expand your brand’s reach
● Drive traffic to your website
● Boost your engagement rate
● Generate more leads, clicks, and downloads
● Increase conversions and sales
Once you’ve identified your goals, you can start looking for the best-fitting tools to help you implement your ad strategy and reach your targets.
Consider platforms such as Vista Social. The social media management platform helps you plan, organise, prioritise, and schedule your content posting with its content calendar and auto-publishing features.
Identify your social media advertising objectives to determine how to best implement your strategy.
2. Understand Your Audience and How They Spend Their Time Online
Target audiences who need or want your products, services, and offers in your ads for the best results. Advertising to the wrong audience is unlikely to achieve your social media ad campaign goals. It can help you understand the people and segments to target and focus your social advertising efforts on.
Use Facebook Audience Insights to get an overview of your target audience demographics, interests, liked pages, activities, etc.
Understanding your ideal buyers can help you tailor your social media ads to their pain points and needs, increasing the chances of your audiences clicking on your ads and acting on your offers. It also helps to know how your audiences spend their time online, including the social media platforms they prefer.
3. Learn About Your Social Advertising Options
While casting a wide net by advertising on multiple social media platforms can have certain benefits, it can also be tedious and resource-draining.
The key is to focus on at least three social media platforms to run your advertising campaigns. It can help you avoid stretching your team and resources too thin while getting results.
Run ads on the following platforms depending on your social media advertising goals, target audiences, and campaigns.
● Facebook: You can run various ad formats on Facebook, including videos, photos, and carousels that display on users’ news feeds. Other FB advertisement options are Messenger and Story ads. Facebook also offers the Lookalike audiences feature that lets you create targeted ads based on your known audiences or existing customers.
● Instagram: Instagram offers similar ad formats and audience targeting features as Facebook under Meta Business. For example, you can run an IG Story ad on how customers can buy SEO articles as part of your efforts to promote your SEO marketing services.
● Twitter: Select or create a tweet that you want Twitter to show people who are not following you to advertise on the platform. You can choose audiences to target based on user behaviour, demographics, interests, and who they follow. The Twitter Promote option can advertise your tweets with a monthly charge.
● TikTok: You can run TikTok video ads with brand filters and branded hashtags. TikTok also provides an automated creative optimisation feature. It tests combinations of your video, copy, and images to the ads that work best for you. Focus on running ads on the social media platforms that make the most sense for you.
4. Track and Measure Social Media Ad Results and Performance
Tracking and measuring your social media ad performance can tell you if you’ve reached your targets.
You’ll know whether your social media ads perform well (or not) and what aspects worked and didn’t work. It gives you the information you need to improve your ads moving forward.
Measure your results to get reliable data about your ad’s value to your company, such as leads and purchases, and prove Return on Investment (ROI) or Return on Ad Spend (ROAS).
Develop a well-thought-out content tracking strategy to help monitor and assess your social media ads’ performance and returns.
Continue learning, testing, and improving to run effective social media ads that help you reach your targets and get the results you expect. Social media is the key driver of today’s successful businesses. Freestart Digital can help you with the best social media services. Book a call now!